Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Social Sewing?


Would anybody be interested in some Social Sewing?

After having such fun at the Melbourne Sewers Meetup I was freshly reminded how enjoyable the company of fellow seamstresses can be. I used to get my regular fix at the Melbourne Burdastyle Sewing Club, but since that was disbanded I have only had a couple of other garment sewers that I've caught up with. I know how much fun I have at the sit and sew days for the Melbourne Modern Quilt Guild, so thought I should just get around to organising something similar, that is, if anybody else is interested. As well as being lots of fun (I hope), it's also super handy to sew with other people occasionally, for example you can get help with fitting, hemming or a tricky technique.

I was thinking of the following:
  • Location: GJs Discount Fabrics, in Brunswick- they have a big workroom with big tables and lots of floor space, power points and light. You would need to bring your own machine.
  • Date: Saturday 29th September
  • Time: 9-4 (their opening hours, but you can come for as much or as little of that as you like)
  • Cost: $10 per person
Are you interested in joining me for such a thing?

If you are, please let me know, either by commenting on this post (making sure that your email address is listed, if it's not please include it), or email me so that I can make sure GJs know approximately how many people to expect.

Even if you can't come on the 29th, please let me know if you'd be interested in coming along at some point, as if there's enough interest we could make it a regular thing and then I'll know to keep you in the loop!

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! I can't made the 29th (middle weekend of school holidays) but would be interested in coming along intermittently as the rest of the family's schedule permits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there Rachel! I have to double check my diary but it should be fine, looking foward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in! it sounds really great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog (again!) via Lara from the Melb meet up and I too would love to join in this sort of event but will be flying out for a weeks holiday that very day!
    Will keep an eye out for future dates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to be there! I'm new to clothes sewing, and very new to social sewing, and new-ish to your blog :-)

    Your commenting options do not allow me to leave an email address, but I have a blog address.

    Oanh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this going ahead? I have realised I need to sew myself some summer clothes.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...