Tuesday, August 7, 2012

DUDQS3 - Auditioning the Stash...

I've been starting to think what what I'm going to do for my quilt for the Down Under Doll Quilt Swap 3 (DUDQS3). I've been auditioning my stash to see if I can come up with something I (and hopefully my partner) like.

Maybe grey and blue with a dash of green...



Or how about adding some pink to that mix...



And then I was thinking, what about breaking out the liberty and using some of that... what about a mixture of some florals...



Or a more limited selection of very small florals (for a small quilt)...



Or some paler florals, that could be offset with a darker background (not necessarily this one)...



What do you think? Which would you use? Which would you like if the quilt were for you?

4 comments:

  1. I like the top (blue & grey with some green) and the bottom (pale florals). You know my love for pastels... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the quilt was for me, I would be hard pressed to decided between the first grouping of modern colourings, or the Liberty combo with a darker background. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely the morden one with pinks in it! Although the Liberty combo is also very tempting... Your partner would be a very lucky person! Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liberty all the way :-) Sam xox

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...