Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Green and Purple Wallhanging

I made this mini-quilt way back in May to practice making pinwheels like the ones I made for Olivia's quilt, but didn't want to post about it until now as it was using scraps from Laura's Wedding Quilt, and I didn't want to risk ruining any of the surprise of her quilt, including the fabrics.

 

I used some 2.5 inch squares, cutting them in half with a slight diagonal line. After deciding on my layout (see above) I stitched them back together along the diagonal line and trimmed the blocks square (approx 2 inches)

After adding a white border the top of my mini quilt was done:


I then basted it and quilted it 1/4" from the seamlines of the squares (a decision that I promptly regretted and learnt from before making Olivia's quilt).


After binding the mini-quilt was complete. It is about 9.5x14" and is the first quilt in the (to be) collection of mini quilts that I want to put on my bedroom wall in a little cluster.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of a cluster of mini quilts on the wall. What a cozy way to decorate.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...