Monday, April 4, 2011

From Stripes to Spots

Meet my new fabric crush:


I spotted (teeheehee) this fabric in Spotlight a few weeks ago, and have been thinking about it ever since. The tag says it's a cotton satin, but all you need to know is that it is gloriously soft and silky and smooth.

I've been trying to buy less fabric lately, an aim that hasn't really been working out all that well for me, but I decided that after thinking about this fabric FAR too much for two solid weeks I was allowed to buy some... but then came the indecision on what to make out of it, and even harder choice, which colour(s) to buy!!


In the end I settled on these colours, which are destined to become a skirt (the olive with brown spots), a dress (the blue with green spots) and a quilt (the top 7, with the pale blue with white spots as the backing)... that's unless I have a change of heart and decide to swap around the uses of the two blue ones... That little stack there total 11.1 metres of beautiful fabric.


Does anyone have any suggestions of a quilt design to use for these spots? Or suggestions on a type of batting that will make the quilt stay as lovely and soft and drapy as the fabrics are? Please share them if you do.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel I too am a spotty addict - i have so many different types of spotty fabric at home i'll never ever run out...but i keep buying more hehe. Can't wait to see all these lovely items made!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...