Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pendrell #2 - A Blouse of Firsts

I have now finished my second Pendrell Blouse. This one I went with view B, but since I was still a little iffy about the ruffles I went with just the outer sleeve ruffle. I love how it's turned out, as having just the one ruffle gives it a cute little cap sleeve.

 

If you remember, I cut this pendrell out at the same time as my last one, but it was put on hold because I tested some seam finishes with it and decided that I needed to use French Seams or you would be able to see the uneven seam allowances through the chiffon. I'd never done French Seams before, so I was a bit worried about it, but I practiced a few times and it worked out great.



The French Seams along with the binding on the neck and arm holes means that there are no raw edges at all. It took a long time to carefully pin it all, but it was well worth it.

And with light shining through it the blouse looks really well finished: 


In addition to the French Seams the other firsts with this blouse were that I was using a chiffon fabric, and that I was using a plaid (and that I was doing both for the first time, eek!). I made an effort when cutting to match the horizontal stripes in the plaid, which I think I have been pretty successful with, especially for a first try


.So that's 2 for 2 with the pendrell patten so far! Hooray!

4 comments:

  1. Great work! The inside of your blouse is impressive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work you have made a fantastic job of this. I am goingto have to try the Pendrell soon I love it .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rachel - thanks for letting me know that french seams can be done on the Pendrell top...I'll be keeping that in mind!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...